Hair Transplantation is a surgical procedure carried out under local anaesthetic, in which hair is transferred from the rear part of the scalp to the sparsely covered area. As a rule, the transplanted hair continues to grow in its new area naturally and as usual throughout the patient's life-time. Since the transplant procedure is carried out under local anaesthetic, any risks are virtually nil.
As time went by, noticeable improvements in the methods of hair transplantation began, to the point that today it is feasible to perform hair-transplants without any fear of their being detected as such.
The minimum age for hair-transplants is 25, as then it is possible to know clearly the manner of balding, its characteristics, its extent etc. Still, there are exceptions, where it is possible nevertheless to perform a hair-transplant before the age of 25, when the balding is localised and the patient has been getting preservative treatment – therefore, it is very important that the diagnosis be carried out by a dermatologist specialising in matters of hair and who can give the prognosis regarding the Alopecia and its possible continuation. In addition to this, it is important to know that in the transplanting of hair on males under the age of 40, it is reasonable to assume that the process of balding will continue, and that is why it is recommended to these men to be treated with Propecia in order to safeguard existing hair that was not transplanted.
HOW IS A HAIR-TRANSPLANT PERFORMED?
The results of the transplantation that was carried out under strict control and by a specialist doctor are a cause for satisfaction and create the conditions in which 95% of the implants grow, out of the total number of transplanted hairs.
TRANSPLANTATION BY THE FUE METHOD IN OTHER AREAS
PRO'S AND CONS OF TRANSPLANTATION BY THE FUE METHOD
PROCEDURE OF HAIR-TRANSPLANTATION BY THE FUE METHOD AT DR. GINZBURG'S CLINIC
THE SUITABLENESS OF A PATIENT FOR TRANSPLANTATION BY THE FUE METHOD
- A patient who is interested in transplanting hair via FUE and in the donor area there is sufficient hair to fill in the baldness.
- Men who are comparatively lightly bald and who need to fill in those bald patches, e.g. men with baldness in the Norwood style , level 3, or forehead.
- Instances of scars as a result of transplants by the FUT method with the aim of blurring the scar.
- Patients who do not have enough scalp flexibility and it is not possible to extract a strip.
- Patients who have a tendency to scarring – wide or conspicuous, so that it is not possible to extract a strip.
- Patients who have undergone thus far several FUT type transplants, the scarred area does not allow for taking another strip.
- Patients who have scalp scars as a result of skin diseases, accidents or burns.
- Sportsmen who have to return to physical activities with minimum delay.
- Patients who are not interested in remaining with scars or pain after the transplant .
HAIR-TRANSPLANTS FOR WOMEN
YOU HAVE A LOT OF HAIR... BUT NOT IN THE RIGHT PLACE!
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF ONE DOCTOR OVER ANOTHER REGARDING HAIR TRANSPLANTATION?
In particular cases swelling does appear in the area around the forehead and eyelids on
I live far from from the clinic – How would I be able to obtain details without having to come there ?
It is possible to send photos taken from different angles of the scalp by email.